Tuesday 31 August 2010

Make New Clothes but Refashion the Old...

One is silver and the other gold! Cheesy, but appropriate. It has gotten unseasonably chilly around here and Isabella has totally outgrown most of her warm pants/trousers from last winter/spring. We're talking major high-waters here. During the past couple of years, I have squirrelled away a lot of my husband's unworn clothes - mainly t-shirts and sweatpants - waiting for the ambition to turn them into pants for my toddler.

It's such an easy under-25 minute process, that there really is no excuse when I'm making much more complicated, and less useful garments for her. I find it easiest to use a pair of pants that already fit her well, then simply trace around the pants as they are folded (outer-thigh to outer-thigh). There are plenty of online tutorials for this, but you this site has a particularly elegant version.

No comments:

Post a Comment